Monday, February 10, 2014

Best Oggi Micra Mist Non Aerosol Sprayer, Stainless Steel Deals

Oggi Micra Mist Non Aerosol Sprayer, Stainless Steel
Customer Ratings: 3 stars
List Price: $15.00
Sale Price: $12.11
Today's Bonus: 19% Off
Buy Now

I have the Micra Mist2000, but I think it is the same as this one.

I had bought a Micra Mist2000 5 years ago and have used it with extra virgin olive oil only. I have never cleaned it, just wiped with paper towel after usage. I've even dropped it from the stove top a few times, and it just keeps going and going!

It's only requirements are to fill it no more than 3/4 full and no more than 10 pumps when it's 3/4 full. With 10 pumps this gives a fine mist spray. The mist is so fine that you should not breathe in as you might inhale the mist of olive oil that is floating in the air a side effect of having a good oil mist.

As to the number of pumps the number of pumps depends on the amount of oil that is in the can. As the oil is depleted from the can, more than 10 pumps might be required. Test with the cap, if you try to put the cap on and it won't go all the way down, then you will not need to pump anymore. If the cap easily slides down, then you need to pump some more.

I'm planning to buy another one to test whether I could fill it with paint to use for my artwork :) If this works, then I will come back and give it 5 stars!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Years ago I had bought this in Ikea, brought it home, filled it with oil, and it didn't work. So I put it in a cupboard, and forgot about it. Today I was cleaning, found it, and was determined to see what had been wrong. So I read some reviews on Amazon for any insight. And.....it works! Great! Here were the key issues:

1)only fill it with 3/4 of oil. It needs air (that you pump in) to be able to work. Pressurized air is what makes the oil 'spray'.

2)There is a rubber ring, that comes as part of the assembly. This rubber ring had been inserted in the wrong place by the factory. There are two places the ring will fit. The first is just under the white cap that screws to the place you pour in oil. Do not put the ring there (that's where it initially was).

The other place is between the plastic spray assembly and the stainless steel bottle (where the oil is poured in). This seals the oil and water inside, and allows the pressure to build up. With this inserted in the wrong place, the unit will not pressurize.

After I did these two things, and then pumped it up a half-dozen times, the unit works great! :-) Wish I'd remembered it was in the back of my cupboard and done this a long time ago....

Best Deals for Oggi Micra Mist Non Aerosol Sprayer, Stainless Steel

After reading reviews of oil misters, many of which warned of how delicate the things were, how likely to break, clog etc., I crossed my fingers and went ahead and bought this one. And I've been very pleased. Even when there's very little oil in the can, it still gives a fine mist, although you have to "pump it up" alot. One of the Amazon reviewers recommended twisting the stem to release pressure between usages, and I have followed that advice--dunno if that's the reason why I haven't had any clogging or uneven spraying, but I will keep on doing it.

Honest reviews on Oggi Micra Mist Non Aerosol Sprayer, Stainless Steel

Very dissapointed. Followed directions everytime I have used it results are less than desired very little if any mist of oil dispersed. Sits on my counter, next to stove, unused.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Oggi Micra Mist Non Aerosol Sprayer, Stainless Steel

I ordered two of these misters, one for myself and one for my daughter. We both love them. This one sprays the finest mist of all I have tried before. Excellent for salads and all other foods.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment