Monday, December 22, 2014

Cheap Dreamfarm Grindenstein 4-Inch Espresso Stein

Dreamfarm Grindenstein 4-Inch Espresso Stein, Silver
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $24.95
Sale Price: $23.52
Today's Bonus: 6% Off
Buy Now

I wish I hadn't waited so long to get this knockbox.

Compact and well-designed, the Grindenstein is a nice blend of form and function.

It fits conveniently under your espresso machine's group head when not in use, preserving valuable counter space.

Functionally, I was worried that it might be too small: not so.

I find it to be the ideal size for home use. Pucks from my 58mm portafilter fall perfectly into the bin.

While I do wish the bar were removable for cleaning and/or replacement, that is a minor quibble.

My only real concern? The $30 price -while competitive with metal and wood knockboxes -borders on absurd for a tiny receptacle made of plastic.

Given the high quality of its design and execution, though, I still consider this knockbox one of the better additions I've made to my espresso 'workflow'.

The Grindenstein merits serious consideration for any design-conscious home espresso lover concerned with preserving counter space.

UPDATE FROM SEPT 2011:

Well, apparently, my only reservation about the Grindenstein has been removed: I see that the price has dropped by 50% since I wrote my initial review, to just $15. At that price, it is a flat-out bargain.

Seven months of regular use have not diminished my appreciation for its design and utility. I am still very happy with it. The bar has proven extremely durable: no dents or gouges from striking it. This little knock box definitely deserves a 5-star rating!

UPDATE FROM APRIL 2013:

I am still loving this knock box! It has stood up admirably to years of regular use. My concern about the bar being non-removable has proved unfounded. I can recommend this knockbox unreservedly.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

It's just what we needed. After a major bill to a plumber who told us that coffee grounds collect like sand and clog pipes, we decided that $30 for a knock box was money well invested.

As many have said, the box is too small for commercial use but it's perfect for home and it even fits under the pour spout on the espresso machine for storage. The rubber feet and squat design hold it steady on the counter. The bar is wide, sturdy and rubber coated so it's not likely to dent your filter unit. And the low cut front edge insures that you don't accidentally hit the handle or your finger on the edge.

I think $30 is too high of a mark-up, but nothing cheaper looked nearly as functional. If ours was stolen by a coffe loving burglar (I don't expect it will break) I would buy another immediately.

Best Deals for Dreamfarm Grindenstein 4-Inch Espresso Stein

This is a good knock box if there is only one person in the house drinking espresso. Perfect for someone like myself who only has a double shot every morning. It holds about 8 double shot "pucks" comfortably. The color in this picture is accurate. The red definately stands out on the counter!

Honest reviews on Dreamfarm Grindenstein 4-Inch Espresso Stein

PROS: Good for those who need save space. It can even be stored under the group head. The small size makes it easy to empty and clean. A good knock bar no dents on my filter baskets so far. Good looking, nice design. Not expensive.

CONS: Somewhat to small. I would say, for home use only. Fills up quickly. Parts of the pucks occasionally fall over the edge. Requires a careful and precise knock. In this respect rectangular design might be better.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Dreamfarm Grindenstein 4-Inch Espresso Stein

A product shouldn't be given a poor rating because the buyer doesn't properly read what they are buying. This is a simple, very durable, smartly made knockbox that is the perfect size in that it can fit on most drip trays. There are plenty of larger options out there but this is just right if you're not pulling shots all day. It also comes with a little booklet about composting pucks and the company plants a tree for every product you buy (very cool incentive if you ask me).

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment