Sunday, December 21, 2014

Review of New Professional Commercial Grade 40 QT (Quart) Heavy Gauge

New Professional Commercial Grade 40 QT Heavy Gauge Stainless Steel Stock Pot, 3-Ply Clad Base, Induction Ready, With Lid Cover NSF Certified Item
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
List Price: $170.00
Sale Price: $110.98
Today's Bonus: 35% Off
Buy Now

This pot is AWESOME! Especially for the price. It is the perfect size height wise for any stove with any hood, even a low one. I have had an aluminum tall 40 qt for nearly 15 years, and paid more for that back then and the lid was EXTRA. But this pot is a Dream. You can stir the contents without having to take it off the burner,the contruction is exquisite,beautifully heat conductive, and cleanup is a BREEZE, Unlike my previous pot which you could not leave anything in it overnight to cool else the thing would Pock and ruin it, BUT THIS POT ROCKS! I could not be HAPPIER!!!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

This is a quality LARGE pot. It fits over two burners on our Kenmore Gas range which is nice so that I can run two burners on medium.

This has a THICK heavy bottom which really helps prevent scorching. We had 30 quarts of tomato juice simmering in this pot for 9 hours as we boiled it down and thickened it for homemade spaghetti sauce. This pot worked wonderfully for that and didn't scorch over the burners like thin bottomed pots do.

The handles seem sturdy, though I don't know that I would want to move this if it was full. I'm sure the handles would be fine, but the pot is so large that it would very heavy and be awkward to carry if the weight caused you to have to carry down near your legs.

For cleaning, as this will not fit in most sinks, we took it outside after scrubbing with soap and a srcubby in the counter and used the hose to clean it out and rinse it off. Seemed to work fine.

We also boiled a turkey in this pot. A 22lb turkey fit just about right though I'm sure a larger one would fit just fine too, we shredded and canned the turkey meat as well as the broth. If you were going to boil chickens I would imagine you could get about 10 in the pot.

I took off one star as out pot was slightly damaged during shipping, it seems that the pot is now oblong shaped instead of round and the lid doesn't fit very well anymore. In fact, when we first got it it wouldn't fit at all. I put my arms around the pot and squeezed and stretched the inside edges with my hands to get the lid to fit. It fits now but is VERY tight at two points, and loose at two others due to the slight oval shaping. The shipping box was in fine condition though, so its possible the pot just came this way with no shipping damage? Anyways thats the explination for 4 stars. I'm sure amazon would have taken it back but I didn't have the time to wait as the tomatos were on and being juiced when I purchased and I don't feel right sending back a used pot.

Best Deals for New Professional Commercial Grade 40 QT (Quart) Heavy Gauge

Excellent product, perfect for home brewing. Even heating clad base. Excellent service, arrived undamaged. I would reccomend this to anyone.

Honest reviews on New Professional Commercial Grade 40 QT (Quart) Heavy Gauge

We needed a pot big enough to serve soup to 60-65 people for an event. This pot did the trick beautifully. We served an organic chicken chili to 60, and had a couple of gallons left over. Thankfully, the pot even fit into our sink at our farm where the event was held, so we were able to wash it in hot water. I was a little concerned that our gas stove would have a hard time heating the enormous contents of this pan to a boil. It did take a LONG time to get hot once we put the chicken broth in there, but once it got hot it did not take much heat to keep it there. We had to purchase a new soup ladle that was long enough to reach to the bottom. This one worked well and reached all the way to the bottom of the pot: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005AL7F/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00. All in all, very happy with this purchase. We did not try to lift it off the stove when full, and I think that would be an enormous challenge -keep in mind, this is a 10 gallon pot! Tremendously heavy even with a couple of gallons of soup left--it took 2 of us to pour the remaining soup into a smaller container.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for New Professional Commercial Grade 40 QT (Quart) Heavy Gauge

I purchased for brewing all-grain beer, 5-gal batches. The kettle is a quality kettle for the price and beats price and quality of similar kettles sold through some of the major homebrew suppliers. Obviously for this price this pot doesn't have a ball-valve, for about $60 (in my community) I can get one put on, and I need to. Shipping was super fast, and delivered sooner than Amazon said it would be.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment