List Price: $375.00
Sale Price: $310.00
Today's Bonus: 17% Off
I have been eyeing this pot for years! I thought it could be replaced by the All-Clad 12-Quart Stainless Multi Cooker with Steamer Basket, but no dice. The multicooker has an aluminum base and takes a while to heat up. Also, unless you're cooking for an army, it's really big. I had been using the All-Clad Stainless Asparagus Pot with Steamer Basket, but it only works for 1-2 people. I needed something in between those two pots!
The pasta pentola is perfect. The seven quart size is nice. I love that it's tall versus wide. Because it is fully clad (aluminum on the bottom and sides), it heats more effeciently than the multicooker and asparagus pot.
The insert works beautifully. It drains well and after draining, you can tilt it over the pot to keep the pasta warm as you finish other items for the dish.
I love that everything is dishwasher safe. You can use Bar Keeper's friend to keep everything shining like new. All-Clad Stainless cookware will last you a lifetime. If there are ever any problems, these come with a lifetime warranty.
If you often cook pasta for a crowd and are an avid soup maker, this pot is worth the investment. I suggest purchasing it over the 6-qt stock pot and the multicooker. If the choice is between this and a Dutch oven, get the Dutch oven and put this on your wish list.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I love this pot. I expected to use it for pasta, but I seem to have it out all the time for a wide variety of things. I use it just as often without the insert as with it, maybe more. It fits easily in the sink for washing greens. It fits nicely in the dishwasher. It's great for making pickles. It's a good size for soups and sauces, especially those that sputter and make a mess because the tall sides contain the mess well. I use it with the insert for good-sized batches of pasta (for small batches I love the Fasta Pasta) and it does a really nice job with corn on the cob standing up in the insert because you can take the corn-filled insert out and set it in the sink to cool a bit before plating the corn.I'm an All-Clad user and know how great these pans are, but anguished a bit about buying yet another since they're expensive. I have a larger pot of this type but have found it's really too large for some things, where this pot is a more manageable size. I just finished 7 pints of sweet pickles, made tomato sauce to freeze, a great vegetable soup and will be washing the garden chard for dinner. It's a great multi-tasker.
One thing to note is that the cover is a tad bigger than the 3 and 4 qt saucepans so they are not interchangeable. Not a big deal, though. I am really happy with this purchase and it will last a lifetime (or more).
Best Deals for All-Clad Stainless 7-Quart Stockpot with Pasta Insert
If you are perfectly organized, focused and prepared, you don't need one of these. What's the problem, you think? While the pasta is cooking, you get the colander ready and your potholders in reach.And then there's people like me. You know who you are. Does any of this sound familiar? You put your pasta on to cook and the phone rings. It's a friend considering dumping her boyfriend. You help talk her through it while the pasta timer ticks (Does he make your life better or worse, overall?). The timer rings...your pasta is done (He cheated on you??? Are you SURE?). Balancing the phone on your ear, you sprint to get your colander ready (How do you know he wasn't working late? He might have really had a big project at work.) Darn, the sink is full of dirty dishes...you rush to get a pot to drain the water under the colander. Good. Now where's the potholders? You stumble over the cat. You carry the water to the colander....(What...you think he's sleeping with your SISTER?). You dump the water too fast...it splatters and burns your arm. Ouch! You cross the kitchen again to get an ice cube to soothe it (He's a bastard. You TOTALLY need to dump him.) Your pasta is at least a minute overcooked and your arm is burned...but hey, a friend in need....
Consider the same experience with the pasta insert. You're gabbing away and the timer rings. You stroll over to the pot, turn off the heat, wrap your hand in your sleeve, grab the handle of the pasta insert and lift it slightly and tip it, letting it perch at an angle over the hot water. Water drains into the pot and your pasta stops cooking. You throw some olive oil on it so it doesn't clump, and you finish your conversation. Simple.
And when it's time to clean up, you have only one thing to clean: the insert. The outside pot, kept separate from the pasta, needs only a quick rinse. In the traditional method, the colander and the pasta pot both need a scrubbing. And you need to at least rinse the pot you drained it into.
In summary, if you are organized, hardworking and focus on only one task at once, a pasta insert is a waste of money and cabinet space. If you are lazy and distracted, and make a lot of pasta, you need one of these NOW.
Honest reviews on All-Clad Stainless 7-Quart Stockpot with Pasta Insert
AllClad makes two kinds of these pots. There is the cheap one that you can get for ~100 and there is this one. The cheap one has a large aluminum disk on the bottom and the sides are VERY thin stainless. This pot is like all of your other AllClad with 3-ply sandwich for the entire pot.The water drains well and there is minimal dripping after you pull the insert. The pot is small enough diameter that you don't have to use too much water if you are making a small portion but the capacity is enough to use as a stock pot at other times.
I have read some comments about spitting/sputtering around the edge. I haven't experienced this problem but I can see where you could have the problem if you overfill the pot. When the water level is higher than the strainer holes, bubbles could come up and cause water to spit around the edge.
Anyway, it is worth the investment and is a good choice over the cheaper version. The versatility and multi-purpose ability of the pot make it a clear winner.
No comments:
Post a Comment